Current:Home > StocksPaula Abdul settles lawsuit with former 'So You Think You Can Dance' co -FundPrime
Paula Abdul settles lawsuit with former 'So You Think You Can Dance' co
Fastexy Exchange View
Date:2025-04-07 06:13:47
Paula Abdul and Nigel Lythgoe have settled their lawsuit a year after the allegations sent shockwaves through the dance industry.
On Thursday, the "Straight Up" singer filed a notice of settlement for the lawsuit against her fellow former “So You Think You Can Dance” judge Lythgoe, which included allegations of sexual assault and harassment. The terms of the settlement are unknown.
On Dec. 29 of last year, Abdul filed a lawsuit against the former “American Idol” executive producer, alleging that he sexually assaulted her during one of the “initial seasons” of "Idol" — on which she served as a judge for eight seasons starting in 2002 — and again in 2014 when she was judging "SYTYCD."
“I am grateful that this chapter has successfully come to a close and is now something I can now put behind me,” Abdul said in a statement provided to CNN and CBS News.
Abdul continued: "This has been a long and hard-fought personal battle. I hope my experience can serve to inspire other women, facing similar struggles, to overcome their own challenges with dignity and respect, so that they too can turn the page and begin a new chapter of their lives.”
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
USA TODAY has reached out to reps for Abdul and Lythgoe for comment.
Nigel Lythgoe is leaving Fox's'So You Think You Can Dance' amid sexual assault lawsuits
Other allegations against Lythgoe
Days after Abdul filed her lawsuit, two contestants who appeared on the 2003 ABC talent competition show "All American Girl" accused Lythgoe of sexual assault, sexual harassment, and negligence stemming from an alleged attack in May of that year. They filed anonymously, using the names Jane Doe K.G. and Jane Doe K.N.
Lythgoe worked on 'American Idol', 'SYTYCD'
Lythgoe produced “Idol” from 2002 to 2014 and "SYTYCD" from 2005-14.
He was a "SYTYCD" judge from its inception in 2005, but stepped back from the "SYTYCD" judging panel in January, telling USA TODAY in a statement at the time that he "informed the producers of ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ of my decision to step back from participating in this year’s series."
Contributing: KiMi Robinson
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (1176)
Related
- 'Most Whopper
- Sweden clears final hurdle to join NATO as Hungary approves bid
- Biden administration offering $85M in grants to help boost jobs in violence-plagued communities
- Lynette Woodard wants NCAA to 'respect the history' of AIAW as Caitlin Clark nears record
- IRS recovers $4.7 billion in back taxes and braces for cuts with Trump and GOP in power
- Of course Shohei Ohtani hit a home run in his Dodgers debut. 'He's built differently.'
- Biden says he hopes for Israel-Hamas cease-fire by Monday
- Wear the New Elegant Casual Trend with These Chic & Relaxed Clothing Picks
- California DMV apologizes for license plate that some say mocks Oct. 7 attack on Israel
- House GOP subpoenas Justice Department for material from special counsel's Biden probe
Ranking
- Residents worried after ceiling cracks appear following reroofing works at Jalan Tenaga HDB blocks
- EAGLEEYE COIN: Senator proposes raising starting point for third-party payment networks
- About as many abortions are happening in the US monthly as before Roe was overturned, report finds
- FBI offers $15,000 reward in case of missing Wisconsin boy
- Trump wants to turn the clock on daylight saving time
- US looks at regulating connected vehicles to prevent abusers from tracking victims
- Chiefs plan a $800 million renovation to Arrowhead Stadium after the 2026 World Cup
- Panera Bread settles lawsuit for $2 million. Here's how to file a claim for food vouchers or money.
Recommendation
Trump invites nearly all federal workers to quit now, get paid through September
Oreo to debut 2 new flavors inspired by mud pie, tiramisu. When will they hit shelves?
Biden administration offering $85M in grants to help boost jobs in violence-plagued communities
$1B donation makes New York medical school tuition free and transforms students’ lives
Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Madonna removes Luther Vandross' photo from AIDS tribute shown during her Celebration Tour
Ben Affleck Reveals Compromise He Made With Jennifer Lopez After Reconciliation
These Kopari Beauty and Skincare Sets Will Make Your Body Silky Smooth and Glowy Just in Time for Spring